Please note that this agenda is subject to change
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Hot Buffet Breakfast & Registration
8:30 AM – 8:40 AM
Opening Remarks & Introductions
8:40 AM – 9:15 AM
Addressing the entire spectrum of healthcare needs through innovative new approaches
This presentation explores the challenges of accessing and delivering medical services to all regions of Canada and beyond. It will share innovative and comprehensive new approaches, which cover the entire spectrum of healthcare, from simple to complex cases, from incidental to chronic health issues. Helping you address the needs of today’s varied demographic and geographic workforce.
Speaker: Arthur Kennedy – WorldCare International Inc.
Speaker: Vince Danielsen – WELLO (and INLIV)
9:15 AM – 9:50 AM
5 NEW things… to talk about in drug plan management in 2018
Drug spending is rising dramatically, we all know that. But what is NEW that may help SOLVE the challenges of rising drug spend? Here are 5 NEW things to talk about in drug plan management in 2018:
1. Pharmacoeconomics will help to determine which drugs have the most value – important that advisors and plan sponsors understand and accept
2. Data mining will target high risk members in advance of a major health event to prevent it in the first place
3. Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB) reforms will lead to more fair and transparent pricing in Canada
4. Pharmacogenetics can end “trial and error’ prescribing but still in its infancy, more research is necessary
5. Medical Cannabis holds promise but is yet unproven except for very specific conditions. Caution is advised.
9:50 AM – 10:00 AM
10:00 AM – 10:35 AM
Achieving a Healthy Workplace – A Sprint or the Boston Marathon?
We know a healthier workplace is important now more than ever. With plenty of health promotion available, are our health trends changing? To help us decipher “a sprint or a marathon”, this session will explore the race to enjoying a healthy workplace by identifying the 3 “S’s”. Insights around strategy, support and sustainability will be shared to provide the best fuel for an effective, highly engaging, and results-based wellness program.
Speaker: Meaghan Jansen – Employee Wellness Solutions Network
10:35 AM – 11:00 AM
Panel Discussion / Q & A and Closing Remarks
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Attendance certificates are available upon request to receive your CE credits
Copyright 2018 Benefits and Pensions Monitor